Happy Monday! And welcome to a new week.
Here is my running/workout recap for last week:
- Sunday: rest day
- Monday: 30 minute run/walk (2 min walk + 8 min run x 3), 30 mins lap swim, upper body & core strength
- Tuesday: 60 minutes stationary bike, lower body strength
- Wednesday: 60 minutes elliptical, core strength
- Thursday: 34 minute run/walk (10 min run, 2 min walk, 10 min run, 2 min walk, 10 min run), lower body strength
- Friday: 30 minute family bike ride; 30 minutes elliptical,
- Saturday: 38 minute run/walk (12 min run, 2 min walk, 12 min run, 2 min walk, 10 min run); 60 minutes pool running, upper body strength
I have some serious plans to buckle down and eat better to work toward getting in marathon shape (75 days to my race)! Who's with me?
Now onto other things.
Have you ever had pierogies? They are dumplings filled with potato and other yummy ingredients. Friday night, we had potato and spinach pierogies, topped with cheese and sour cream. They are a yummy, easy meal! I highly recommend trying them if you haven't. I bought these at Costco, but I've gotten them at the grocery store before.
Saturday morning we went for a family run/bike ride. I have to admit that some of my runs the past two weeks have felt pretty hard. I am still running slow, with walk breaks. But it just feels hard. I keep telling myself to be patient and that I'll get back to where I was, but it's not easy. I just want to be able to get lost in my runs, but it's hard when it seems like work.
Saturday night we got a sitter, and Scott and I had date night at Cheesecake Factory. There are so many yummy things to choose from, but I almost always end up getting the stuffed tortillas. They looked a lot better before I spread the sour cream all over them, but sometimes I'm too excited for the first bite to remember to take a picture.
Scott got a spicy penne pasta dish that I can't remember the name of, but it was delicious. Of course we also got cheesecake, but we ordered it to-go because we were so full.
When we got home from dinner, I found this note on the counter. I really do love being a mom!
And because I needed a treat to take to some friends today, I fulfilled Princess Grace's request for Molasses Gems on Sunday.mI won't even begin to pretend they are healthy, and trying to healthify them just seems wrong. But they are absolutely delicious!!!!
What was the food highlight of your weekend?
When is your next race?
Thanks. Now I have a craving for Molasses cookies!! Lol. Guess it'll have to wait until I have an oven again! Eat one for me ;)ReplyDelete