Sometimes we just have crappy days. Yesterday was one of those days. There wasn't one specific thing thing that made it rotten. It was a bunch of little things that slowly sucked the life out of the day and out of me. Yet I KNOW I have everything to be grateful for and every reason to be happy. But I woke up with my crappy mood still hanging around, so I decided it is time to sit down and focus on some of the things that make me smile:
- Hearing my Bean sing The Healing Incantation from Tangled while she plays with her sister's Rapunzel tower and doll.
- The fact that my Bean takes advantage of every minute her sister is at school to play with her sister's stuff.
- Having an amazing run on Wednesday after being sick on Tuesday.
- Snuggling under the heated throw I got for Christmas.
- Getting perfect surprises, like a heated throw, from the hubs for Christmas. Always things I never know I wanted SO much!
- Neighbors who have become some of our best friends.
- A husband who picks up all the slack (and more).
- Overhearing The Princess tell her little sister, "That's what big sisters are for" (when cleaning up something The Bean spilled).
- Sleeping in two days in a row. During the week.
- Realizing I'll have both girls home all day on Monday. I miss my girls when they are at school!
- Clean sheets.
- Clean running clothes.
- Friends who are also runners. And runners who have become some of my best friends.