- a cold that has hung around for two weeks and came with a cough that sounds (and feels) like repeated attempts to hack up my lungs.
- a headache almost every single day from a new medication I am taking.
- a forecast that is warmer than I would like.
- a few excuses to not push myself and reach my goals on Saturday.
I also have...
- two awesome little girls and an amazing, supportive husband who will cheer me across the finish line.
- a cousin who is making the trip to St. George to show her support.
- a brother and sister-in-law who are holding down the fort at home (aka taking care of our Rowdy boy) so I don't have to worry about anything once I head south.
- an aunt and uncle who are graciously inviting us into their home, which will make the entire weekend easier and more enjoyable.
- the experience of one marathon behind me.
- another year of running under my belt since that marathon.
- the knowledge of what my body can do and push through, after a year of dealing with IT band issues and a shin pain.
- all the reasons I need to push any excuses aside, think positive, push myself, do my best.
RUN: My goal is a new PR (first marathon race report here). Anything more than that is just icing on the cake.