Yesterday, The Princess asked why I always run. I said it is to keep my heart healthy and it makes me happy. Then my Bean added, "And so you are not fat. You're flat." Love that kid.
I am thankful for all the things running does for me, including keeping me more flat than fat. And before this month of gratitude comes to a close, here are a few more things I am thankful for:
- That my little Bean still wants me to carry her sometimes. Since my baby-making days are over, I want to hold on to the little bit of baby left in her as long as I can!
- That I have the luxury of running while my girls are at school. I realize how lucky I am each and every time I head out on a run during those few hours.
- That The Princess is so sensitive to the world around her. It makes me sad to think that the world will eventually toughen her up.
- For my body. Some days I like it more than others, but I love it every day for it's strength and for everything it allows me to do.
- For prayer.
- To live now. In this time. With the amazing conveniences and opportunities we have.
- For my education. Intelligence. The gift of reading. And a job that allows me to use all those things.
- For the patience and support the people I love most have for this running thing I do. Even when they don't understand it completely. And when I can't explain it. They are still there cheering me on.
What are you most thankful for today?