I signed up to participate in the Health Activist Writer's Month Challenge. I figured it wouldn't hurt to have someone else to come up with things for me to write about. But then I kind of forgot about it. I knew I wouldn't do it every day, but I figured it would be fun to run with some of their topics. And today's seemed like a good one to start with! So here are:
10 Running Things I Couldn’t Live Without
(a list of the 10 things I need or love most for running - the running part was my addition)
- Millie. There are just times I can't get outside for a run. Millie is always there on those days, whether I sneak a few miles in while my girls watch a movie or when I don't have time to run until way past dark.
- My Garmin. When I do run outside, my Garmin is a must-have. Even though I sometimes go my entire run without looking at it, I love that I always know how far and how fast I ran once I'm finished.
- My PureFlow shoes. After being a tried and true Saucony Ride wearer from the beginning, I gave the new Brooks PureFlow a chance. And I love them. I have four pairs. I still include my Sauconys in the rotation and have recently added a pair of Nike Free 2.0 to my collection, but the PureFlow are my favorites.
- My Costco tanks. Last summer, I bought three tanks from Costco. They are my favorite shirts to wear running. Every time I go to Costco, I look to see if they have them again. Still holding out hope.
- My RoadID. I wear it EVERY time I run outside. It gives me peace of mind.
- 2Toms SportShield. I like it better than Glide for my blister and chafe prone spots.
- My headbands. The one thing that can drive me just about crazy during a run is my hair if it isn't being held in place.
- Lip balm. Fresh mint with SPF15 from Gap is one of my favorites. I put it on before every run, even the ones on Millie.
- SmartWool socks. I once swore by WrightSocks, but they were never completely blister-free. I have yet to get a blister wearing my SmartWool. And they have different thicknesses, so they are even great when it's hot!
- Vanilla Honey Stinger Waffles. Holy yum. Better than any gel or chomp I've tried. And I've tried a lot. I have to keep the waffles upstairs with my running gear or I would end up eating them as snacks.
I am too lazy to put link to all my favorites, but you can search for most of them and easily find them online. Have a great weekend runnerds!
I've heard about the RoadID before. Have a lot of runners recommended to you?ReplyDelete
The Vanilla Honey Stinger Waffles looks so good. I was checking out Honey Stingers products the other day. They have pretty good ingredients.
I love SmartWool but had only used them in the winter. I didn't realize they had summer ones too. I have issues with skinny ankles so I always have sock slippage but SmartWool never slips. Ever. I am loving Brooks right now too - I've got the Launch!ReplyDelete
I'm a saucony wearer to, so want to try the Brooks Pureflow. Thanks for putting all your things that you must have. Great list.ReplyDelete