A few weeks ago, I received The Versatile Blogger award from Deanna at Miles to Run.
As part of the award, I am supposed to share seven things about myself, so here goes...
- My shirts are hung up and organized by color. My spices are alphabetized.
- I want to be cremated. I have strong feelings about this, and I've had several lengthy conversations with friends and relatives about this.
- I collect clocks. This is a picture of my favorite clock. It was also one of the first in my collection.
- I 've had a crush on Bruce Willis ever since I saw him in a play at a theater in Sun Valley, Idaho.
- I love to snow ski and water ski but I haven't done either since having kids.
- I don't have a middle name. My daughters don't have middle names either.
- I tried to talk my husband into taking my last name. He didn't, so I considered keeping my maiden name. Now I'm glad I took his last name.
I am also supposed to pass the award on to seven other bloggers. The lucky winners are:
- J @ Morning Runner
- Christina @ Lace It Up and Run
- Whitney @ It's What Moves Me
- Lisa @ 110 Pounds and Counting
- P @ Adventures of an Average Athlete
- KK @ Running Through Life
- Heather @ The Crazy World of a Running Mom
RUN: Ran 10 miles on the treadmill yesterday. The highlight of the run (other than the 4 miles I got to watch Bolt with my girls) was running to Aerosmith's Sweet Emotion. (And I am not as old as the song might suggest; it was released before I was even born.) You should seriously consider adding it to your running playlist.
Thanks for the tag! ;)ReplyDelete
I agree with #1. My closet is organized by color and than within the color sections there's subsections of "long sleeved" and "short sleeved". LOL Yes, I have OCD.
Oh, you are SO my kind of girl - alphabetized, organized and a clock-lover! I have at least one clock in every room in my house and I LOVE the one you have!!ReplyDelete
cool info ... my wife wanted me to take her first name!ReplyDelete
I also don't have a middle name. And I have loved it. But my daughter will have one... because I made the mistake of telling my father that we wanted to use his name as a middle name, and he cried. So there is no backing out now! :)
Hmm, no middle name? Officially, I have two middle names on my birth certificate. But the second one gets dropped since most forms only allow one middle name or initial.ReplyDelete
I also want to be cremated, but my fathers side of the family is of a particular religious background that frowns upon cremation. Has made for some interesting discussions, as I'm sure you can imagine.
BTW, I have no idea how you do so many long runs on the treadmill. I know it's different when you have kids, and you need to fit the run in whenever you can, but I don't know how you do it. I start going crazy after about 30 minutes on the treadmill.
You tagged me!ReplyDelete
I love skiing too and hadn't done it for a really long time, but when I finally did I wanted to do it even more, so now every time it snows we try to go...we took each of our sons when they turned 2 and they've been going ever since...they love it!!
Sweet Emotion would be a great song to run to, I've gotta try it sometime. Thanks.
Hmmm, seems like there's an untraditional name theme going on here! And I am impressed by anyone who can run 10 miles on the treadmill.ReplyDelete
I too want to be cremated. Cemetaries and Golf Courses are the biggest waste of land.ReplyDelete
I love that you watched Bolt with the kiddos. Great movie. LBM loves it!ReplyDelete
why no middle name? just wondering
Cremation just seems easier, when the day arrives, they can just drop me in a river, the ocean, whatever. Won't really have a choice in the matter at that point anyway.ReplyDelete
I think Bolt would make the treadmill technically challenging, because I'd find myself mimicking the chase scenes and end up on the floor.
And thanks for your nice comments on my blog, I've been hooked on yours since you professed your love to your treadmill.
Thank you for the tag! I have tried to talk my fiance into taking my last name but he wont. I am going to be sad when I have to change my name.ReplyDelete
Hi, hope it's OK to contact you here. We would love to include your blog on our giveaway search engine: Giveaway Scout (http://www.giveawayscout.com). Have a look and if interested, use our online form to add your blog (http://www.giveawayscout.com/addblog/ ). thanks, JoshReplyDelete