I ran Big Cottonwood Marathon today! It was a completely different experience than last year, but it was still a good one. I had my moments of doubt, like when I passed the half marathon starting line and thought "I should really be running that!" and when I was six miles in and had to turn up my music to drown out my thoughts about how tired my legs were already.
Some of the highlights though:
- Coming out of the canyon after almost 15 miles and seeing my little family!
- Running over seven miles with Janae. She got me through the toughest part!
- The downhill at mile 24. Felt. Like. Heaven.
- Not caring what my time was, so I strolled sloooowwwwly through every aid station. And took my time getting hugs and kisses whenever I saw Scott and my girls.
- Seeing all my favorite people in one place at the finish line.
I'll post a more thorough recap later with pictures. All the pictures are on Scott's phone and he had to go to work as soon as we got home from the race, so the only picture I have right now is this one the incredible Megan (one of those favorite people I was talking about) sent me. But I really like it because it shows how happy it makes me, even when I'm trying not to puke at mile 26.1, to see the people I love.
What were some of your Saturday highlights?