The goal? 1000 running miles in 2012. And my first year to hit that many miles since I began running. As of Thursday, December 27th, I had 43 miles to go. After a little "you aren't a quitter" pep talk from the hubs, I sucked it up and put in 10.25 miles. The next morning I ran another 10. Saturday, I pounded out 11.5. And after a much-needed rest day on Sunday, I hit my goal (plus a little) with a final New Years Eve 12.
I can tell you with ABSOLUTE certainty that so much of running is mental. If my body had been in charge, I never would have made it to 1000.
After my Monday run, my body decided it was time for a break and my cold took over. And now five days, a doctor's visit and some serious meds later, I am on the mend. And hoping to get in my first run of 2013 on Monday.
So now that I am not hacking my lungs up, I decided to check in, find out how your holidays were (that means you have to leave a comment and let me know) and let you know what is ahead in the I Have Run world.
I have worked with Vega several times in the past and have enjoyed testing and reviewing its products. Now I am working with Vega again to help you and me get on track to a better healthier version of ourselves.
Thrive Forward is a free, personalized online program that can help you transform your health. Through online tools, you will begin a journey to optimal health. Topics covered include energy, stress, sleep, body composition, mood and more. Video lessons are enhanced with useful tools to reinforce what you have learned.
Here's a little video teaser to get you excited! You can get started now by signing up, and you will receive developer Brendan Brazier's stater eBook.
When you sign up you’ll also receive:
- 11 chapters, 30+ video lessons, and a personalized learn-at-your-own-pace lesson plan to help you navigate a wealth of ideas (without getting lost)
- Emailed tips: helpful take-away tips reinforce what you’re learning and encourage you to make changes that work with your life
- Action items: apply what you learn in each lesson and share tips and tricks with others in this adventure with you
- Supplemental materials: including recipes, meal plans, shopping lists, charts, printable reference guides, in-depth articles, and more
There is no better time to make a change, start fresh and make yourself a better you than the start of a new year. So join me in Thriving Forward! As an incentive to help you get started, what better than a giveaway?!?
Here's what you need to do:
- Sign up to Thrive Forward HERE. Leave a comment letting me know you signed up. (1 entry)
- Post on Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter that you have joined the program. Post using #ThriveFWD @VegaTeam @ihaverun. (1 entry for each place you post)
- Receive additional entries for posting updates on how you are making changes or succeeding. Be sure to include #ThriveFWD @VegaTeam @ihaverun in your post (Limit one additional entry per day of the giveaway)
- INVITE others to join Thrive Forward. Include #ThriveFWD @VegaTeam @ihaverun in your post. (1 entry for each place you post an invitation)
Be sure you start now because this is just the beginning of exciting things to come from I Have Run and the Thrive Forward Vega Team!