A (long) while ago, my Tough Chik teammate Shannon tagged me for the random things about me post. I'm finally getting to it!
Here are the rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about "you are tagged if you are reading this." You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
Here are my 11 random things…
1. Flip flops are my favorite shoes. I got several new pairs of awesome boots this winter, but I still couldn't wait to bust out the flip flops. Anything over 50 degrees is flip flop weather, as far as I'm concerned.
2. I love cilantro. Like in the "If you love it so much, why don't you marry it?" kind of way. In fact, I just might marry it. I don't think it's polygamy if one of your spouses is an herb.
3. I do not like change. This wasn't good for someone who never lived in the same place for more than two years until high school. Or maybe that is why I am not good with change?!? And apparently this is a genetic trait because The Princess does not deal with change well either.
4.My favorite item of jewelry (besides my wedding ring) is a pair of princess cut diamond earrings the hubs gave me as a push present after I had my Bean. And yes, there is meaning behind the fact that they are a pair of princess cut diamonds.
5. Some random things that calm me when I'm stressed are: folding laundry after my girls go to bed, playing the piano, and listening to Coldplay.
6. Folding laundry is the only part of doing laundry I like.
7. One thing that really annoys me is when people use "yeah" when they really mean "yay" in their posts, Tweets, status updates, etc.
8. I have a dog with no eyes.
9. We can no longer spell things we don't want our girls to know we are saying because The Princess can read now. We say things in Pig Latin or Spanish now instead. I learned Spanish living in Mexico City, Mexico for four years.
10. I was at the closing night of Man of La Mancha on Broadway. Brian Stokes Mitchell was the best Don Quixote ever (sadly, Gleeks may only know him as one of Rachel Berry's dads).
11. I'm running with people tonight. I don't run with other people very often. It makes me really nervous. That I'll be too slow. Or annoying. Etc. Wish me luck!
Here are Shannon's questions for me...
1. What is your favorite TV show? It's so hard to choose just one. As far as sitcoms go, I'd have to say Modern Family. Let's just go with that for now.
2. If you had to eat the same meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? First of all, that would really suck. There are sooooo many yummy things to eat. But since it is a meal, that means multiple courses, right? So I'd go with the house salad from Carrabbas, Sirloin Marsala with a side of garlic mashed potatoes and sauteed veggies, and bread pudding for dessert.
3. Do you cry at sad movies? I didn't before I had kids. I do now.
4. Do you have any pre-race rituals? If so, what are they? I used to eat a Cafe Rio salad the night before long runs and races. I finally decided my stomach doesn't really like that. So now I have pasta - from the Pizza Factory if there is one around. Other than that, I just get everything together the night before. And I always double check that I remembered a sports bra.
5. Mac or PC? PC.
6. If you could pick the color of the new Tough Chik running singlet, what color would you pick? I'm happy with anything pink, so you've already got me covered.
7. How did you find out about Tough Chik? From other runners' blogs.
8. What is you favorite song? Either One or All I Want is You by U2.
9. Any Superbowl plans? Watched it at home with the hubs.
10. How do you take your coffee, if you don’t drink coffee, what is your morning beverage of choice? No coffee for me. I am a water girl in the morning!
11. What is the worst job you have ever had? I was a telemarketer for a soft water company. You know how much we all love telemarketers. And sadly I am not especially nice to telelmarketers even after being on their side of things.
And my 11 questions...
1. What was the last thing you ate?
2. Where do you live?
3. What is your guilty pleasure?
4. What is your next race?
5. What did you want to be when you grow up?
6. What did you end up being when you grew up?
7. Morning person or night owl?
8. What time do you get up in the morning?
9. Baseball or football?
10. Where was your last vacation?
11. What do you want to find in your Easter basket?
I am tagging (sorry if you already did this)...
1. Karen @ Just Me and My Running Shoes
2. Trish @ Begin Again and Again and Again...
3. Becky @ Bringin' Becky Back
4. Suz @ Cows and Lasers and Everything In Between
5. Coy @ First in Philly
6. Amy @ Juice Boxes + Crayolas
7. Christina @ Lace It Up and Run
8. Meg @ Meg Runs!
9. Nelly @ Nelly on the Run
10. Rachel @ Rachel in Real Life
11. Black Knight @ Run with the Black Knight
You Might Also Like...
Coming back from a stress fracture is hard. After spending eight weeks not running at all, it was hard to hold back when I could finally run...
After two lame, pathetic, lackluster weeks of running, I woke up excited to run yesterday. And today, I wore my running clothes all morning ...
You may remember my Vega Sport review ( HERE ) a few months ago. Well now it's time to talk about another Vega product line, the Vega ...
I basically had my race report written (in my head) before the St. George Marathon even started. I was that prepared mentally for the race...
I may be an affiliate for products that I recommend. If you purchase those items through my links, I may earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link. In fact, I am often able to negotiate a lower rate (or bonuses) not available elsewhere. Plus, when you order through my link, it helps me continue to offer you free stuff. Thank you, in advance for your support!