The Christmas decorations are nestled snug in the attic, and I have officially moved on to 2011. To celebrate, here are 11 things I am loving this year:
- My running girls. The Princess had a conversation with her daddy about why grown-ups run. He explained that not just grown-ups can run, so she asked if she could run on the treadmill. With his help, she logged 1/4 mile. Then she asked a few days later to take it for another spin. This time, her little legs took her 1/3 mile.
- Despicable Me. One of my girls got this movie for Christmas, and it is the new favorite at our house. If you haven't seen it, you should.
- Getting organized. I have reorganized (and dejunked) almost every cupboard and drawer in the house in the past two weeks.
- My knitting needles. I have always wanted to learn how to knit. There's no time like the present.
- Hot tamales. I know. I covered this in my last post. But did you know you can buy them in 32 oz bags?
- Two-year-olds. I am not sure how the 2s got such a bad rap, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this age. We renamed it "The Terrific Twos" at our house. My little Bean is hilarious lately. You can't help but smile when she is around.
- My new Nano. At least I think I love it. The poor thing has been sitting next to my computer since Christmas. Once I get it all set up and start using it, I'm sure the love will grow.
- Cutting myself some slack. 'Nuf said.
- Watching 4-year-olds ski.
- Lists. Can you tell?
- Running. Taking some time off over the holidays (mostly because of illness, but time off nonetheless) helped renew my love affair with running.
Jealous of number 3! I need to do that. And skiing with little ones is the best.ReplyDelete
Good to hear you are regaining your love for running. You seem well organized to me.ReplyDelete
We finally took down our tree on Monday. Husband said if it didn't come down soon, Christmas wouldn't seem as special in 2011...so I finally relented.ReplyDelete
We loved Despicable Me. GREAT movie!!
2 year olds are the best. What a pretty in pink picture!
The girls are so cute!!!! And getting so big! Love that she wanted to run on the treadmill too!ReplyDelete
love the photo - start them young!!
that is the cutest treadmill running photo I have ever seenReplyDelete
I am working on decluttering...and you will love your nano! I cannot work out without mine! Makes time go faster and it is more enjoyable with music!ReplyDelete
that treadmill picture is the cutest EVER.ReplyDelete
We same the same thing around here about two year olds. It's my favorite age. Now three.... not so much. They know better so when they're naughty it's not as funny!ReplyDelete
Love all your pictures!
Wow! you can come dejunk my house anytime! lolReplyDelete
hey hey, congrats for being nominated as one of the "Best Running Blogs 2011" hope to read many more of your fantastic running stories. sending you greetings from Malaysia...ReplyDelete
they don't sell hot tamales in abu dhabi. our parents are in town and brought us the 32 oz bag on saturday. they are already gone.ReplyDelete
thanks for the comment!